“Like many Australians, we’re appalled by the Australian Government’s treatment of these innocent people. But while our MPs have turned their backs on them, we haven’t.”
There’s a “small group of Aussies” stepping up while the government steps back and down further every day. WE CARE NAURU have undertaken to do the following:
(1) We chat directly with people on Nauru, to find out what they need;
(2) We appeal for cash donations for purchasing and postage;
(3) We also collect “stuff donations”, like soccer balls, mobile phones and backpacks;
(4) We buy, pack and post everything according to customs and Australia Post guidelines;
(5) We start back at step (1).
Their current project aims to support six pregnant women, as well as new mums and their babies because, on Nauru, almost nothing is provided for them, including medical supplies. WE CARE NAURU is sending each new mother a ‘new baby pack’ with essential items like a first aid kit which could save a child’s life and prevent serious illness. And they’re raising funds to achieve this.